Russia Alumni Central
Since 1992 U.S. Government-funded exchange programs have brought more than 75,000 Russian citizens to the United States for training. These programs give participants an opportunity to obtain knowledge and develop skills in their fields of expertise and establish valuable contacts with U.S. colleagues. Click here to see a list of currently existing exchange programs.
The U.S. Embassy in Moscow and Consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok are committed to supporting alumni by introducing them to resources based upon their exchange experience and facilitating the connection of alumni of USG programs across Russia.
U.S. government-sponsored exchange program participants and alumni living in Russia have a number of opportunities to be involved in post-exchange activities, as well as receive access to specialized resources. These opportunities include events such as conferences, lectures, roundtables, discussions, cultural events, training sessions and other opportunities involving alumni-run initiatives. Resources for alumni include exclusive access to 20,000 online magazines and newspapers, professional development resources, exclusive video webchats with VIPs and access to databases with $33 billion worth of grant opportunities.
Online Global Alumni Community and Resources
- International Exchange Alumni: The official website for more than 1,000,000 alumni of exchange programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Interactive, dynamic, and password-protected, alumni.state.gov offers alumni from U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs a place to:
- Network with alumni from various programs
- Find grant and funding opportunities worth more than $33 billion
- Access more than 20,000 free periodicals, newspapers, and more
- Find the latest research in your field, plus job and career resources
- Participate in web chats discussions with experts
- Share your experience with a global audience
- Read alumni success stories, perspectives, and ideas
- Stay involved through a local alumni associations
The emphasis in International Exchange Alumni website is on user-created content, so members are encouraged to post events, job announcements, news, photos, and grant opportunities directly to State Alumni. To access the global community, please click on the link https://alumni.state.gov/
- Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund: The competition provides small grants to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to carry out public service projects that utilize skills and knowledge they have gained through their exchange experiences.
The fifth annual Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) competition was launched on February 3rd with the deadline on February 24th!
This year’s competition invites teams of exchange alumni to propose projects to address global issues under project categories including Empowering Women and Girls, Social Inclusion of Vulnerable Populations, Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment, Access to Education, Climate Change and Environmental Protection, Global Health Awareness, Civic Participation, Conflict Resolution. Winning teams will be awarded up to $25,000 in support of their projects.
Activities Supported Through the Mission
- Alumni Projects Support Program: The program provides support up to $3,000 to implement alumni innovative projects that address various themes and foster greater contacts between alumni of various programs. Proposals may focus on any theme including, but not limited to innovations in various fields, women empowerment, entrepreneurship, disabilities issues and youth outreach. Projects should be original, creative, dynamic, and interesting and focus on sharing innovative practice and experience gained during participation in the program. Activities can include anything from professional development events, web-chats, seminars, interactive training, etc.
How you can contact us:
For all questions about alumni activities in Russia please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org