Immigrant Visa Interview Instructions
Immigrant Visa Interview Instructions
- Every immigrant visa applicant must appear at the U.S. Embassy for a personal interview.
Please be advised: you will NOT be permitted to bring (a) USB Flash Drives, cables, wires, headphones, or any electronic device (with the exception of a mobile phone smaller than 3 cm X 13 cm X 6 cm); (b) anything that can be used as a weapon; or (c) flammable items (including perfume and other sprays); or (d) any large bag such as briefcases, backpacks, suitcases, duffel bags etc. Prohibited items will not be stored by Embassy personnel and applicants may be refused admittance. See the section on Security Regulations for additional guidance
- Applicants who were not scheduled for an interview by NVC (i.e., fiancé(e)s and immigrant visa applicants whose cases were approved by USCIS in Moscow) should visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ to schedule an interview and arrange for delivery of visa documents. For assistance with this system, refer to our Instructions for IV applicants using www.ustraveldocs.com.
- Applicants who were scheduled for an interview by NVC or KCC (DV lottery applicants) should visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ to arrange for delivery of visa documents and, if necessary, to reschedule their interview date. To reschedule an interview, visit www.ustraveldocs.com and pick a new date by following the Instructions for IV applicants using www.ustraveldocs.com.
- Please register your delivery location BEFORE going to your interview. Do this for ALL applicants who will apply for a visa (including children). After completing the visa delivery registration at www.ustraveldocs.com, PRINT OUT the IV Delivery Confirmation page that contains a computer-generated barcode and BRING IT with you to the interview.
- If your application is approved, your passport and completed visa packet will be delivered to you by the Pony Express courier service free of charge to the address that you provided. Important: Pony Express delivers visas only within Russia. Visas cannot be delivered to an address outside the Russian Federation.
- Complete the required medical examination at a U.S. Embassy-designated panel physician (Doctor). Click here to find additional information about your medical examination.
- Prepare all other required documents for your visa category:
- On the day of your interview, enter the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy on Novinskiy Boulevard. All family members immigrating with you must be present at the interview. After passing the security screening check, proceed to Hall 1 and submit your IV delivery confirmation page at one of the three windows in front of you. Then follow the red dots on the floor to Hall 5, where you should give your name to a consular assistant at window 22 or 23. After you have checked in with the consular assistant, please take a seat in the waiting room. You will be called for your interview over the loudspeaker.
Since we cannot guarantee that your application will be approved, do not buy plane tickets, dispose of property, or resign from jobs until your visa has been issued.
2016 DV Lottery Program
- The 2016 Diversity Visa Program (DV-2015) will open at 12:00 p.m. EDT (GMT-4), Wednesday, October 1, 2014, and will close at 12:00 p.m. EDT, Monday, November 3, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. EDT (GMT-4). Applicants must submit entries electronically during this registration period using the electronic DV entry form (E-DV) at dvlottery.state.gov. We encourage applicants not to wait until the last week of the registration period to enter. See the Diversity Visa Lottery Instructions webpage for additional information.
Fees for Consular Services to Change on September 12, 2014
- The fees for most categories of immigrant visas will change, while fees for nonimmigrant visas largely remain the same. The fee for processing an application for Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship is increasing to reflect the true cost of providing this service. Find out more... >>
Consular Consolidated Database: Updates on Operational Status.
- We have made significant progress and issued most of the worldwide backlog of nonimmigrant visa cases. We are working to bring the Consular Consolidated Database back to full operational capacity.
- We continue to prioritize immigrant visas and emergency nonimmigrant visa cases. We are printing visas for these cases AND ALL CASES with very few delays.