Immigrant Visa Interview Instructions
Immigrant Visa Interview Instructions
- Every immigrant visa applicant must appear at the U.S. Embassy for a personal interview.
- Applicants who were not scheduled for an interview by NVC (i.e., fiancé(e)s and immigrant visa applicants whose cases were approved by USCIS in Moscow) should visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ to schedule an interview and arrange for delivery of visa documents. For assistance with this system, refer to our Instructions for IV applicants using www.ustraveldocs.com.
- Applicants who were scheduled for an interview by NVC or KCC (DV lottery applicants) should visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ to arrange for delivery of visa documents and, if necessary, to reschedule their interview date. To reschedule an interview, visit www.ustraveldocs.com and pick a new date by following the Instructions for IV applicants using www.ustraveldocs.com.
- Please register your delivery location BEFORE going to your interview. Do this for ALL applicants who will apply for a visa (including children). After completing the visa delivery registration at www.ustraveldocs.com, PRINT OUT the IV Delivery Confirmation page that contains a computer-generated barcode and BRING IT with you to the interview.
- If your application is approved, your passport and completed visa packet will be delivered to you by the Pony Express courier service free of charge to the address that you provided. Important: Pony Express delivers visas only within Russia. Visas cannot be delivered to an address outside the Russian Federation.
- Complete the required medical examination at a U.S. Embassy-designated panel physician (Doctor). Click here to find additional information about your medical examination.
- Prepare all other required documents for your visa category:
- On the day of your interview, enter the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy on Novinskiy Boulevard. All family members immigrating with you must be present at the interview. After passing the security screening check, proceed to Hall 1 and submit your IV delivery confirmation page at one of the three windows in front of you. Then follow the red dots on the floor to Hall 5, where you should give your name to a consular assistant at window 22 or 23. After you have checked in with the consular assistant, please take a seat in the waiting room. You will be called for your interview over the loudspeaker.
Since we cannot guarantee that your application will be approved, do not buy plane tickets, dispose of property, or resign from jobs until your visa has been issued.
The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system, which are affecting global operations. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers. We are doing everything possible to return passports with visas as soon as we are able to complete processing. We regret that we are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.
Applicants who interviewed with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate after July 21 and would like their passports temporarily returned to them without the U.S. visa may contact the Embassy or consulate where they applied, via email to email@example.com for Moscow, firstname.lastname@example.org for Yekaterinburg and email@example.com for Vladivostok with RETURN PASSPORT in the subject line of their message, and include their full name and date of birth as they appear in their passport, and passport number in the body of the message.
Applicants who have an urgent need to travel to the United States may contact Contact the Embassy or consulate where you are planning to apply, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for Moscow, email@example.com for Yekaterinburg and firstname.lastname@example.org for Vladivostok with URGENT TRAVEL in the subject line of their message, and include their full name and date of birth as they appear in their passport, passport number, and nature of the emergency in the body of the message. Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature, essentially life or death circumstances, can be considered for exceptional handling.
We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter and apologize for the inconvenience.